Monday 13 May 2013

Irish Charm

















http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4umc87T5UMs


This is a tribute for my dad. Its coming up for three months since he passed away and i miss him very much.
I just wanted to write a bit about him just as something for me to look back on and my family.
He was always proud of what i did over the years from school, college, dress making and photography. I could always count on my dad to say something silly like when my brother lost his memory card for his play station my dad said "How can you lose it if its got a memory".
He was so clever, he new so much about so much! He wasn't a good cook thou :-/
I'll never know why he walked so fast when he was going somewhere, i had to run to keep up with him. Or why he use to call me poppet, or put tomato sauce on everything!!.
He was proud to be Irish and me and Mollie was always getting him to say "thirty three and a third"  He was always giving me maps because he new i wasn't very good at knowing where places where. He knew London like the back of his hand he use take us there a fair bit when we was younger, maybe that's why i have such an interest in it now.
He taught me to be strong and work hard! He taught me to stand up for myself and if i hit the ground to get back up again and try again! He taught me to follow my heart and do what makes me happy! He taught me to appreciate what i have!
The the best thing that my mum and dad taught me, we always know that home is where the heart is, that we have each other backs, that we have a bond between the four of us that will always be there through all the ups and downs we have each other! We have our memories, we have our smiles we have our love that always bring us together!!. I hope i make my dad proud!! Shine bright like a diamond...xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment